Liverpool Confirm Solanke Arrival From Chelsea, Mahrez To Quit Leicester

dominic solankeLiverpool have finalised a deal to sign Nigerian-born England U-20 forward Dominic Solanke from Chelsea. 
Solanke's move to Liverpool was announced on Liverpool's official website on Tuesday. 
A statement on Liverpool's website reads: "Liverpool FC have agreed personal terms with Dominic Solanke to sign the England youth international this summer. 
"The 19-year-old striker will complete the transfer to the Reds on July 1, 2017, upon the expiry of his contract with his current club, Chelsea. 
"Solanke made his senior debut for the London side as a substitute in a Champions League tie in October 2014, and scored seven goals in 25 Eredivisie appearances during a productive loan spell with Dutch outfit Vitesse Arnhem in 2015-16. 
"He has represented his country at every age level from U16 to U21 and is currently in South Korea for the FIFA U20 World Cup, where the forward has so far featured in all three games and scored once to help England into the knockout stages. 
"Solanke, twice an FA Youth Cup champion and winner of the UEFA Youth League and U17 European Championship, will officially join Jürgen Klopp’s squad on July 1.‎" 
Solanke's signing will see him become teammate with Nigerian forward Taiwo Awoniyi at Liverpool.
 Despite playing for England's junior teams, Solanke is still eligible to play for Nigeria through his heritage.
 Meanwhile, Algeria forward Riyad Mahrez has submitted a transfer request at Leicester City and asked to leave the 2015/2016 Premier League champions.  
Mahrez said in a statement on Tuesday: "Out of the huge admiration and respect I hold for Leicester I wanted to be totally honest and transparent. I have informed the club that I feel now is the time for me to move on.
 "I had a good discussion with the chairman last summer and we agreed at that time that I would stay for another year in order to help the club as best as I could following the transition of winning the title and in the Champions League. 
"I've had the four best seasons of my career at Leicester and have loved every moment. I feel immense pride to have been a part of what we have achieved during my time at the club, culminating in becoming Premier League champions. 
"The relationship I share with the club and our amazing fans are something I will treasure forever and I truly hope they will understand and respect my decision."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dalung To Inaugurate New Boards On July 10

NNL Clubs Shun Pinnick-Led Committee Order To Play Super 8 Playoff

Mourinho's United signings

LIGUE 1 TABLE

Monfils, Djokovic through to ATP Eastbourne semifinals

Gusau Gets IAAF Recognition As AFN President

DOES POGBA HAS A HAND IN MOURINHO'S SACK?

Leicester entice Iheanacho with £25m bid